3 Phase Electrical Installations
Liverpool | Wirral | Warrington
3 Phase Electrical System Installations for all Buiness Types
ConneX Electrical are Liverpool based commercial electricians providing installation and maintenance for commercial and industrial 3 phase power supplies. We have over 40 years in the business and are fully insured & certified.
Do I Need a Single-Phase or 3-Phase Electricity Supply?
If you’re not sure whether you need a 3 phase or single phase power supply for your business then the best thing to do is give us a call on 0151 363 2786 / 07909 148 926 for a reliable answer from our qualified electricians.
Our trainined electricians will be able to explain the differences between 3-phase and single phase and will advise on which will be most suitable for your requirements. In general terms, the difference relates to their safe load capacity and uses.
Single-phase electric supply
A typical small business premises with a low electrical usage is unlikely to be drawing much current through the mains, therefore a single-phase electrical installation will most likely be all that is required.
3-phase electric supply
A 3-phase electrical supply is a requirement for larger businesses with high level electrical usage and higher energy requirements such as data centres, commercial kitchens, HVAC systems, arenas and stadiums and manufacturing. It’s highly efficient, and often industry specific machinery and equipment will be specifically designed to run on 3-phase power only. A 3-phase supply allows for smaller, less expensive wiring and lower voltages, making it far safer and less expensive to run within a commercial environment.
With a 3-phase meter installation, you can measure the electrical consumption in Kilowatts per Hour (kWh). Typically, a 3-phase supply will have up to three meters or a single large meter. The meter has cables which are wired directly into it. Since 3-phase electric meters are more powerful than single-phase meters, they are ideally suited for large, commercial buildings.
Three phase power versus single phase power
Single phase power
- Commonly used in your home and small business premises
- Can easily run up to a five horsepower motor. A three Phase motor draws a lot less current than a single phase motor so by running three phase motor in an industrial environment will be beneficial as it is considerable more efficient
- Can supply plenty of required power for homes and small business such as shops
When the waveform of single-phase power passes through zero, the power supplied is zero. The waveform cycles 50 to 60 times per second, depending where you are.
Three phase power
- Commonly used in larger business, industrial business around the world
- Converting an existing single phase system installation can prove to be expensive. Three phase involves less costly wiring using lower amounts of voltage so its less costly to run and much safer
- For equipment specifically designed for three phase power are very efficient.
- It is becoming more and more favorable use of power for data centers with high density requirements
There are three very distinctive wave cycles, which overlap in three-phase power. Each phase in turn gets to its peak at 120 degrees separately from the others meaning the level of power-produced stays constant.
Latest from our Domestic Electrics Blog:
The electrical contractors in Liverpool will provide high values of workmanship. And the best part? You will have various electrical services in an affordable price range. Besides, the...
Electrical testing in Liverpool will make you peaceful for many years. You will know which wiring needs replacement in your residence. The inspection time will depend on the...