Emergency Lighting Installations
Liverpool | Wirral | Warrington
ConneX Electrical are Emergency Lighting Installers based in Liverpool
We are Fully Qualified, Certified and Insured Electricial Contractors.
Here at ConneX Electrical we are commercial electrical contractors with over 40 years experience in the electrical industry. We install emergency lighting for businesses, flats and HMOs across Liverpool and Merseyside and can provide advice and guidance on which type of system is right for your property.
An emergency lighting system is a crucial part of any business premises. Without one you could be putting your business and staff at risk.
ConneX Electrical install, certify and maintain emergency lighting systems for businesses of all sizes. Our complete installation service begins at the initial survey, through to tailored design, professional installation and, if required, maintenance.
Emergency Lighting Installation in Liverpool
We will visit you and your business to discuss your requirements, then provide you with recommendations for your new or replacement emergency lighting system. Once you approve the quote your new system will be installed by our skilled electricans.
Emergency lighting is designed to come on automatically when the main power supply is cut and normal electrical lighting fails. If there is a fire or a power cut the mains power in a building can fail. This can mean that people panic or trip or fall causing a danger of injury to people trying to get out of the building in the dark. With emergency lighting this danger is avoided.
Emergency lighting is normally required to operate fully automatically and give illumination of a sufficiently high level to enable all occupants to evacuate the premises safely. Most new buildings have emergency lighting installed during construction; the design and type of equipment being specified by the architect in accordance with current Building Regulations and any local authority requirements.
The British Standard on emergency lighting applies to not only to hotels, clubs, hospitals, nursing homes, schools and colleges, licensed premises, offices, museums, shops but also multi-storey dwellings.
What are the Different Types of Emergency Lighting?
Emergency lighting is generally categorised as emergency escape lighting or standby lighting.
- Emergency escape lighting – that part of an emergency lighting system that provides illumination for the safety of people leaving a location or attempting to terminate a potentially dangerous process beforehand. It is part of the fire safety provision of a building and a requirement of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Emergency escape light can be categorised as:
- Escape route lighting – identifies the escape route and keeps it sufficiently lit. This includes illuminated fire exit signs but also emergency lighting such as emergency lighting bulkheads.
- Open area lighting (in some countries known as anti-panic lighting) – ensures that there is sufficient illumination to allow the occupants of a building to reach a place where an escape route can be identified.
- High risk task area lighting – that part of an emergency escape lighting system that provides illumination for the safety of people involved in a potentially dangerous process or situation and to enable proper shut-down procedures for the safety of the operator and other occupants of the premises.
- Standby lighting– that part of an emergency lighting system provided to enable normal activities to continue substantially unchanged. This guide does not include standby lighting as it is not a legal requirement and is a facility that may or may not be needed, depending on the use and occupancy of the premises.
If you need help with an emergency lighting system give us a call today on 0151 363 2786 / 07909 148 926.
From the 1st point of contact, our friendly and experienced staff will listen to your goals & needs and tailor your design and installation to your requirements, and guide you through the entire process, ensuring all your initial goals and budgets are met.
When it comes to your business you need a tradesman you can trust to deliver, ConneX Electrical offer a local friendly and reliable service, all our electricians are fully qualified and held to the highest standards as (proven) by our NICEIC Approved contractor status.
All our work comes with a minimum 12-month guarantee Data/CAT6.
ConneX Electrical offer all data & CAT6 services, using our knowledge and experience we can design and a create a network tailored to your needs whether your a commercial business needing a fast and secure network for your data, or whether you’re a residential customer just wanting to make the most of your broadband speeds.