Professional Home Rewiring in Liverpool
ConneX Electrical Rewire Both Old & New Homes Across Merseyside
We are Domestic Rewiring Specialists
If you’ve purchased an older property, are remodeling your home or simply need your home electrics upgrading, we are qualified and able to rewire your home.
- Our Strategy
The first meeting
Understanding the Needs
First meeting would be to plan, prepare and understand the customers needs.
Design & Planning
Designing Plan with Collaboration of Customer
Second step would be design & planning, cooperating and creating a plan of action
Executing the Decided Design
Third step would be execute, and follow through keeping the highest of standards
Forth step would be hand over and giving the service of customer care.
We provide home rewiring services throughout Liverpool & surrounding areas. All our electricians at ConneX Electrical are NICEIC Approved, including Part P Registered.
When Does a House Need Rewiring?
- If your house has not been rewired in the last 25-30 years it is likely to need rewiring to bring it up to the current electrical safety standards. Electrical wiring this old has the potential to be dangerous and may not be able to cope with new appliances and electrical requirements.
- If you’re planning to remodel your home then it is possible that you will need to rewire part or all of the property. If the changes are extensive then this would likely include upgrading the consumer unit or fuse box.
- If you are extending your home, or converting an attic or garage, this will constitute new work and therefore all of the new wiring will have to conform to Part P: Electrical Safety, and all existing wiring will have to be improved to ensure that it is able to carry the additional loads safely, it is earthed to current requirements and that cross bonding is satisfactory.
- Where you are extending or remodelling, the rest of the existing wiring does not have to be upgraded, except where upgrading is required by the energy efficiency requirements of the Building Regulations, i.e. central heating controls.
What is Involved When Rewiring?
- If you think you need to rewire your house it’s best to look into this well before you do any decorating work such as plastering. New electrical cabling can’t run on top of plastered walls or floors, so the newly installed electrical wiring will involve lifting the carpets or floorboards and possibly the skirting boards.The new wiring will be set into channels in the walls or ceilings. If you’ve just purchased the house, try to do the rewiring before you move in. For a house you’re currently living in. All of ConneX Electrical engineers will use plastic floor coverings & dust sheets to protect any of your property whist the installation takes place. New electrical sockets and switches will also be needed and these are also ususally set into the wall. In addition to rewiring for all power and lighting circuits, it is a good opportunity to rewire for modern central heating controls, alarms, smoke detectors and doorbells, to add outdoor lighting and sockets, and to rewire the telephones and television aerial sockets. It is also worth redesigning the wiring plan for sockets and switches to make sure it meets your needs and those of potential future housebuyers.
Think about specifying two-way or even three-way switching for hallways and landings and other rooms with more than one main access. For any new electrical installation or rewire it may also be worth considering adding automated lighting, home network cablings, speaker cabling and other modern technology.
Once all the above has been completed, the property can be re-plastered or the walls and ceilings filled and made good, and the flooring replaced. The next stage of electrcial works can then proceed, including fitting sockets and switch plates, light fittings, the consumer unit and wiring any electric fans, cookers, extractor hoods, electric showers and the immersion heater, if there is a hot water storage cylinder.
Latest from our Domestic Electrics Blog:
If you are finding a professional electrician for commercial re wiring then conex experts are reliable. Connex is serving for more than 40 years in various kinds of...
Fixed Wire Testing Frequency – How Often It Should Be Done? Fixed wire testing frequency electric process is an assessment of all the electrical gears at your occupation. The...